Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Vivian Girls/Real Estate at UConn & Some CMJ

I have a couple of pictures from Vivian Girls/Real Estate show that was held at UConn and hosted by WHUS on October 30th. WHUS is the greatest... and both bands were amazing. Can't say much about the other two bands that were playing because they were super loud. I just wasn't into it.
Unfortunately, all my pictures looked the same
(click to see larger).

I love the Vivian Girls. This was the second time I've seen them live-- first time was over a year ago. They opened for Sonic Youth in August of 2008 [so did Times New Viking!] & I had no idea who they were, but I fell in love (that may be weird to write...) They are awesome and everyone should listen to them. Megs and I brought a couple of friends to the show who had never heard them and both of them really enjoyed the show, which was great! Hmm what else. I bought a t-shirt from Kickball Katy!

Real Estate was very very good as well. Gahhh. Hope everyone who went enjoyed themselves. It was lots o' fun.

I also went to CMJ about a month ago now, damn. There's lots to write about that, but I really don't feel like it. Here's a picture of the hottie from Turbo Fruits (who put on a really fun show!) at Union Pool in NYC.

This photo does him no justice. He's really nice, too. Tiff (WHUS DJ, on Sundays at 10PM) and I talked to him and I bought Echo Kid on vinyl. Sigh. More pictures of CMJ shows later, since all I did was see bands play all night and every night. OH we saw Metric last week so pictures/video (maybe?!) to come!!

No comments: