Thursday, October 1, 2009

Why? Au in Concert

I saw Au and Why? in concert last night at Daniel St. in Milford. Dark Dark Dark was also playing with them...but somehow I missed that. Anyway! Au was intersting, they were more of an experimental indie band but the drummer was incredible. There were a few really nice songs in the set but honestly it was hard to tell when one song ended and the other started. But if experimental folky indie is your thing, I would suggest checking them out. I didn't get many good pictures of them although I tried since the drummer was super cute.

Why? made me happy in so many ways. First off, their set included my top favorites being "Vowels pt 2", "January twenty something" and "This blackest purse". From what I hear their newest album "Eskimo Snow" has the least amount of hip-hop influence than any of their albums. To make up for this they played a song called "21st Century Pop Song" from Hymie's Basement, Yoni's hip-hop indie side project. You can find a YouTube clip of it below since I thought it was amazing. It was a great show although I'm bummed I missed Dark Dark Dark. Anyway pictures and clips can be found below!

Au
(Luke Wyland: vocals, keyboard; Dana Valatka; Drums)



Why?
(Yoni Wolf: vocals; Josiah Wolf: drums; Doug Mcdiarmid: keyboard)


Fast forward to 2:30



No comments: